Root Canal Retreatment
In an overwhelming number of situations, root canal therapy successfully treats tooth pain and provides a lasting solution. But sometimes, a root canaled tooth may not properly heal, or discomfort may continue. In these cases, our team of skilled endodontists can provide root canal retreatment to remedy the problem, and return your tooth to normal function.
Why Do I Need Root Canal Retreatment?
- Narrow or curved canals did not receive initial treatment
- A complicated or very small canal went undetected during the first root canal
- An improperly placed crown or restoration
- The crown or restoration failed to prevent reinfection of the tooth
- New decay that’s exposed the biocompatible filling material, leading to new infection
- A cracked or loose crown or filling that’s left the tooth vulnerable to infection
What Happens During Root Canal Retreatment?
The compromised tooth will be reopened, removing the filling material so that the canals are accessible. The root canals are then cleaned, sealed, and a temporary filling is placed. You will return to your dentist as soon as possible for a new crown or restoration to complete retreatment.
Serving Dallas & Frisco for over 50 years
When it comes to complex endodontic care, the name of our practice says it all! Contact The Endodontic Group, Inc today to schedule an appointment. Our team works hard to provide patients from all walks of life with top-notch care that puts their unique needs and comfort first. In addition to Dallas and Frisco, we’re also happy to welcome patients from Plano, Allen, Prosper, McKinney, Irving, Addison, The Colony, and beyond.